The Double Wedding Ring is a traditional quilt for all occasions. This method is quick and the easiest you will produce.
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Class will start promptly at 10:30.
- Sewing machine in good working order and knowledge of its use.
- Metro Rings pattern
- Quick Curve Ruler
- Basic sewing supplies
- Neutral 100% cotton thread
- Bobbins wound and ready
- 1/4" foot for accuracy
- Rotary cutter (45mm)
- Size 80/12 needle
- Extra needles
- Seam ripper
- Straight pins
- 24" ruler for cutting strips
- Desk-sized cutting mat
- Small iron and ironing mat (optional)
- 10" Square-up Ruler (optional, but suggested)
Fabrics: please use quality 100% cotton fabric. The following fabric amounts are for a 57" x 76" quilt top. If preferring a larger top, additional fabrics must be purchased.
- 2/3 yard of 5 fabrics for arcs
- 5 yards background
- (Make certain that there is contrast between arc and background fabrics.)
- 1/2 yard each of 2 different fabrics for setting triangles.
- 4-3/4 yards for backing
- 1/2 to 5/8 yard for binding.
Please pre-cut the following before class:
- Cut two 2-1/2" strips x Width of Fabric (WoF) each from the 5 arc fabrics. (Do not sew strips together.)
- Cut one 9" strip x WoF from the background fabric.
- Cut one 10 strip x WoF from the background fabric.
- Cut one 4-1/2" strip x WoF from each of the two setting triangle fabrics.